What to do nearby
There's lots to do on the farm. We run workshops and tours, there are miles of amazing footpaths and bridlepaths from which to explore this end of the South Downs National Park, and lots more activities nearby, for example:
- Hambledon Vineyard - less than 1 mile
- Hambledon Cricket Club (the birth place of cricket, formed in 1750) - 2 miles
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (including Nelson’s Victory, the Mary Rose, Ferries to the Isle of Wight)) - 13 miles
- Queen Elizabeth Country Park - 4 miles
- Hampshire and West Sussex Coast (including Chichester Harbour)- 13 miles
- Beaulieu and Broadlands Stately Homes, and gardens at Exbury.
- Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park, The World of Peppa Pig and Stanton Country Park.
- London is about an hour by train from nearby Petersfield.
- Beach 14¼ miles
Further afield is the brilliant farm Shop at Durleighmarsh and the deer park at Sky Park Farm in West Harting (GU31 5PT approx. 14 miles) deer to view, breakfast /coffee lunch, (supper on Friday) deli and gift shop. You will cross the county boundary into West Sussex and see the change in countryside, then head for the Tea Rooms at Compton, on your way back - plan a drive or walk/bike.
We are spoilt for attractive Local Market Towns:-
Wickham is full of intriguing local and individual shops set around its historic and very attractive market square. Particularly an excellent Butcher, gift and antique shops. It has the Meon River passing through and is the start of access to the Old Railway which is a great way to walk/cycle up the Meon Valley with various stopping points with river glimpses (be sure to take OS Explorer Map OL3. Similarly Bishops Waltham with its great coffee shops, and Alresford situated on the famous chalk river Itchen with dress shops, cafes, a Pizza Restaurant and home to the Twisted Nose Watercress Gin and The Water Cress line, where Thomas The Tank Engine is a frequent visitor.
On the farm you can join lots of wholesome activates; learn about farming, flour, and how to make oat mylk, make pizzas, learn green woodworking and join in on volunteering days. Or just chill out, have a cup of tea/beer and have a natter.